UDL Charter – By Laws and Regulations
This tome, written in the blood of a mortal virgin, blessed by Old skull himself, is the proclamation of the Undead Lords. This document has been created as a guideline for the leaders of any game faction to determine it’s policies. Each faction’s charter may be altered slightly to fit the needs of their current game realm as long as the charter and its initial by-laws remain intact. All rules must be followed and honored and any violation or disregard will be punishable by fines of game money, game treasure, probation, or expulsion! There are no exceptions! The Dark lord is a vengeful god with an insatiable appetite for Chaos and Death, woe be to those who cross his path will ill intent!
Integrity and Image
Roleplay – UDL Lore
Role-playing has historically been an essential part of the Undead Lords. While UDL no longer makes role-playing a requirement and focuses far more on PvP excellence, any members who do keep alive the UDL Lore should be highly respected.
We are the children of Myrkul, God of the Dead, beloved of Him and blessed with His touch of Undeath by His will. All power acquired is attributed to Him. His true name is holy and shall not be spoken of by any but His most faithful followers. Should any but the Chosen speak His name their lives and very souls shall be forfeit unto Him whether they are momentary ally or lifelong foe. It is our duty to harvest for Him the souls of all that oppose Him or fail to bow before His will. In doing so we work to accumulate the power to bring Him into the realms in which He should rightfully rule and to spread his terror across the land according to the Undead Lords law founded upon His edicts and consecrated in the blood of the innocent. He is the only reason and purpose for our existence and there are no other Gods before Him.
The mission of the Undead Lords is to gather the means to free Myrkul’s entrapped essence from the Crown of Horns and restore Him unto a corporeal form once more so that He shall walk the realms at His pleasure. His Kassat´ilani sit within the Castle of Bones hidden within the Void guarding this sacred treasure and guiding His armies within the realms in which they work His will. They oversee the guild in their wisdom to ensure that He may one day take His rightful place upon the Throne of Skulls as foretold in Prophecy to the Fifteen. This is accomplished by holding our core values close to our treacherous hearts. We are committed to continuously improving PvP strategies so as to be the best of the best. We believe in providing rewarding and challenging situations for our members so that they can grow with the guild for long term.
Aklar Olokth Naskas !
• All Members agree to abide by this Charter of the Undead Lords.
• All Members agree to help recruit new members.
• All Members agree to abide by the TOS (Terms of Service) game rules.
• All Members agree to honor and respect PVP and Role-playing efforts of the guild.
• All Members agree to honor game specific rules and adjustments set forth by the faction’s leadership.
• Trial Member – Recruit Ranks
This Rank’s purpose is to allow the leadership a period of time to determine if a new Recruit is dedicated, skilled, and active enough to become a Faction Member. Multiple rank tiers may exist.
• Faction Member – Progression Ranks
This rank is for those members who remain actively involved towards UDL’s success. Multiple tiers may exist depending on game mechanics and the needs of the faction. If a faction member is deemed acceptable by the Knights, he may be granted Full Membership.
• Full Member – Knight Rank (Lords and Ladies of UDL):
A knight is a full member of the guild who receives unrestricted access to all UDL’s gaming factions and forums. Active Knight’s in a faction also share the responsibility of voting in Faction Members to Full Membership, as well as helping to decide guild goals and direction.
*****Rite of Death – Transition to Knight******
When a Faction Member becomes a Full Member, the Knights have historically performed a ceremony and celebration event to welcome the new member.
• Dedicated to the goals and visions of what UDL is and should be.
• A good listener; skilled gamer.
• The ability to mesh with the current membership
• Selflessly dedicated to recreating what UDL has been in the past and what UDL should be in the future.
The leadership will decide if a member will lose their knighthood based on the following criteria. Depending on circumstances and severity, leadership may decide to issue a warning, temporary suspension, or guild removal.
Conduct unbecoming of a Knight to be defined but not limited to the following:
• Continuous disruptive, disrespectful, or disorderly conduct on boards or in game.
• Gaming on a different server other than the sanctioned server within a game.
• Gaming with another guild rather than the UDL Faction in a game.
• Disobeying direct orders from leadership.
• Quitting the guild tag, or using your tag as leverage.
• Misuse of guild funds, resources or guild accounts.
• Non-participating Knights creating controversy in the sanctioned game forums.
Inner Circle Hierarchy
The following list is the recommended officer positions to make up the Inner Circle of the Undead Lords in a game faction. The actual use of each position and it’s title will be determined by the faction leadership depending on game mechanics and faction needs. At the discretion of the game leadership, an established recruit or faction member can become an officer if they show the leadership qualities needed and would like to take on the additional responsibilities for running the faction. Not all faction members serving as officers may be invited to become future UDL knights, however this is an opportunity for a faction member to demonstrate their strengths and be considered for full guild membership.
• Arch Lich (GM)
The Arch Lich is the Guild Master of the Undead Lords and oversees all guild activities. He conducts all diplomacy with other Guild Masters in the game. He is responsible for organizing guild events and coordinating in-game events with the staff. With the opinions of his officers he makes all guild decisions and alterations
• Lich Lords (GM)
The Lich Lords are the Assistant Guild Masters of the Undead Lords and assist the Guild Master with the duties described above. Should the Guild Master be unavailable for any period of time, one of the Lich Lords will assume the Guild Master’s responsibilities by vote from the Knights.
• High Priest
The High Priest oversees the role-play sect and clerical aspects of the Undead Lords. The High Priest performs all ceremonies such as the Knighting ceremonty to grant a faction member full membership. The High Priest also organizes all guild wide role-playing events under the direction of the Arch Lich and Lich Lords.
• Death Lord
The Death Lord handles the organization of guild questing events for quest items, armor and weapons. The Death Lord is responsible to outfitting the guild by housing all said items and keeping an accurate inventory.
• War Lord
The Warlord oversees the PvP sect of the Undead Lords, known as the Nightmare Legion. The War lord leads the Legion in times of war, under the direction of the Arch Lich and Lich Lords. The Warlord organizes guild PvP activities and training.
The Scribe is responsible for keeping the records of the meetings of the Undead Lords. The Scribe is also responsible for keeping the most current documents such as the Guild Charter, PvP doctrine and guild membership.
• Arch Shadow
The Arch Shadow oversees all intelligence surveillance on all other guilds. He is also responsible for appointing ambassadors to the other evil and neutral guilds. He coordinates his efforts with the Arch Lich and Lich Lords.
The Gatekeeper of the Castle of Bones is responsible for all faction recruits. His duties are to provide all information needed to new recruits about the guild and will keep the AL and Knights informed of their progress to become full members.
UDL factions may exist in multiple games however UDL must always have at least one sanctioned faction at all times. A faction can be established in any game realm if there is enough interest from the Knights to make an organized guild effort. A sanctioned faction is defined as having the right to bring in new full members (Knights) to the guild and as such must be actively recruiting new members at all times.
The criteria to establishing and maintaining a gaming faction is as follows:
- The game must allow us to follow our Mission Statement
- The game mechanics must offer a Player versus Player environment.
- All officer positions granted should be to members gaming full time (4 -5 nights a week) with the faction and not associated with any other faction due to the fact that an officer cannot be performing his duties to the fullest by playing within another realm.
- Game specific forums are available to any faction that the full members (Knights) will have an organized effort
- Once a sanctioned faction has been established all knights participating within the game must play within the sanctioned realm. Any Knight playing on a different server/realm than the UDL faction, or with a different guild other than UDL on the sanctioned realm, can be brought up for removal from UDL at the discretion of the Arch Lich.
- If any sanctioned faction falls below the requirements for active knights, then the faction can become de-sanctioned.